Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Calling All Artists!



To those who knew and loved Bart (my dad):

Above all else, my dad inspired/encouraged/demanded creativity in all areas of his life - whether this meant constantly singing songs and coming up with tongue twisters about the mundane act of walking to elementary school (he did this constantly - my friends hated/loved it!), or writing beautifully crafted pop songs, my dad could not physically think a thought or a say a word that was void of creativity. Of the very many characteristics that I truly adored about my dad, this was one of my very favorites.

So, I am asking everyone ("we are all artists," my dad would say) to use this terribly sad and unexpected event to create something/anything.


Whether it be a song, drawing, painting, short story, rhyming couplet, haiku, piece of interpretive dance, yodel, delicious dish (yes, food can be art), or anything else artsy that I have left out, create it, make it, build it, sing it, dance it NOW!

I know that this sounds a little silly, but my dad was silly and he would have wanted us to do this.

Please respond with your piece of art to this post OR email me ( grahampbishop@gmail.com ) your response and I will post it on this site.

Love,

Graham


-------

Art inspired by my Dad:

Kathy Swope:

Hi Graham

Every year on Father's Day we plant sunflowers in honor of my dad. He was from Kansas and they were his favorite. Here is a picture I took of one of the blossoms. They are such happy flowers, I can't see one without smiling.

I figured photography was creative and sent this in honor of your dad.

See you tomorrow.

With love--Kathy (Bill, too)




Bonnie Gordon:

Hi Graham,

Your memorial and Jodi's slideshow is wonderful. You and your family have such sweet hearts. I know your Dad will always be so proud of you and all that you create.

In Honor of Bart...where to start!

Not a score did I create, nor a dish did I bake
when inspiration came regarding a name
for our new puppy Bartley

With Love,

Bonnie Gordon


No comments:

Post a Comment